It is never a bad time to boost immunity, and now is a better time than ever! Whether it is flu season, traveling or looking for ways to defend COVID-19, boosting your immunity is always a good idea. The following suggestions are good for all ages. If your child is breastfeeding or on formula, you can continue to boost their immunity through breast milk and vitamins found in baby formula. Speak with your child’s pediatrician for more ideas about pediatric immunity boosters.
Here are five easy immunity boosts to help protect your health and the health of your family:
- Vitamin C – Add lemon to water, snack on strawberries or add a vitamin C tablet to your daily routine. Any citrus is GOOD! Other Vitamin C sources.
- Garlic – Add it to vegetables, steamed rice, pasta or any savory dish.
- Hydrate – Drink plenty of water. Green tea is a bonus to add!
- Eat REAL Foods – Skip the processed and artificial foods. Stick to fruits, vegetables and foods in their natural states. Whole milk yogurt and almonds are also an excellent immunity boosters.
- Limit Sugar – Sugar lowers your immunity for up to two hours after consumption. Yes, you can still have sugar, but be mindfull of how much (less is better) and what activities you have planned around when you include it in your diet.